True beauty comes from within.



The name's Angeline but I prefer people calling me Angel instead.

I studied at Peixin Primary School and Yio Chu Kang Secondary School after that.
I'm 13 years old, and celebrates my birthday every 12th December.
I'm a Christian. God loves us all!
I have an older sister, Angela.
I'm single but not available.
I like to read.
I am flawed and imperfect. But I am me.

MY TUMBLR
MY TWITTER MY FACEBOOK

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Must. Sleep. Early.

ALYSSA MILANO! 



It is 2.20pm now and I just woke up an hour ago. I don't like it.
I like to wake up early cause it makes the day seem longer. And my memory might improve.

Anyway, I went to trim my hair with mom yesterday and the hairdresser is damn funny.
She's so interesting. And she is quite fashionable and she's really good at what she do but she is very talkative and my sister's hair is about 4 inches shorter the last time she leave. But still she's good! And I love my hair after my haircut. It's the first time I like my hair after leaving any salon. I always find it too long or short. Haha!
I finally have the fringe I want, after so many months attempting to cut the style I want and failing!
Yay! And my sister say it looks nice. Overall it is nice to me, but my sister say that except my fringe, I look the same.


I was watching this doctor show few weeks ago and I find it inspiring.
I don't think I want to be a doctor because I don't dare to cut open body parts, even when it is a heroic act because I am a wimp. Hahaha!
Doctors are so cool! They save lives and help people.

So I've been wondering, what is the difference between psychology and psychiatry?
And I went to wikipedia and searched both:

Psychology:
  • Is the science of mind and behavior.
  • Psychologists explore such concepts as perception, cognition, attention, emotion, phenomenology motivation, brain functioning, personality, behavior, and interpersonal relationships. Some, especially depth psychologists, also consider the unconscious mind.
  • Psychologists employ empirical methods to infer causal and correlational relationships between psychosocial variables.
  • To employing empirical and deductive methods, some—especially clinical and counseling psychologists—at times rely upon symbolic interpretation and other inductive techniques.
  • Incorporates research from the social sciences, natural sciences, and humanities.
Psychiatry:
  • Is the medical specialty devoted to the study and treatment of mental disorders—which include various affective, behavioural, cognitive and perceptual disorders.
  • assessment typically starts with a mental status examination and the compilation of a case history.
  • Psychiatric treatment applies a variety of modalities, including medication, psychotherapy and a wide range of other techniques such as transcranial magnetic stimulation.
These are not very detailed facts about both psychology and psychiatry.
I found out that psychiatrists are able to give their patients medications.
Which makes me think, do I want to be a psychologist or psychiatrist, if I am interested.
I think I will want to be a psychiatrist because I want like the fact that I can prescribe medicine.
But that means I will need to take a larger responsibility for prescribing the medicine.
Not that I want to be psychologist or psychiatrist because I like to be a lawyer more.


So I searched on wikipedia on lawyers and I learned:
  • A lawyer, according to Black's Law Dictionary, is "a person learned in the law; as an attorney, counsel or solicitor; a person licensed to practice law."
  • Law is the system of rules of conduct established by the sovereign government of a society to correct wrongs, maintain the stability of political and social authority, and deliver justice.
  • Involves the practical application of abstract legal theories and knowledge to solve specific individualized problems, or to advance the interests of those who retain (i.e., hire) lawyers to perform legal services.
I am really bored so I'm blogging a lot.
Hahaha! Okay bye.


Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychology
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychiatry#Diagnostic_systems
http://psychology.about.com/od/psychotherapy/f/psychvspsych.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawyer
Picture from Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment